Effective People & Communication Skills
Effective communication forms the basis of successful relationships. It includes more than just speaking or listening. To communicate effectively, we need to adapt our responses to individual people and circumstances. To do this, we must develop our self-awareness and people skills.
This program will focus on the skills to communicate with clarity and confidence.
It will improve your work place as well as your personal relationships through an increased understanding of yourself and others.
• Identify and remove barriers to effective communication.
• Understand your communication style and how you can adapt it to work more effectively with others.
• Manage your non-verbal signals to enhance your communication.
• Interpret non-verbal signals of others for better understanding.
• Practise techniques that will help you listen more effectively.
• Learn clever questioning skills to get the information you want and need.
• Understand the impact that positive language can have on others.
TOPICS COVERED IN THIS PROGRAM
Experiential learning strategies will give insight into how others perceive you and how you perceive them. It highlights the need to adapt your approach and communication style to suit different types of people and build stronger, more trusting relationships.
You will learn practical ways to identify and close communication gaps, know how well your message is understood by others and how to elicit information from others.
You will be able to identify and understand the impact of visual, auditory and kinesthetic as well as non-verbal communication.
You will know why nonverbal communication is so important and the impact it has on verbal communication.
You will develop listening skills that will result in new behavior.
Develop effective questioning skills by practicing various questioning techniques, designed to get the most appropriate information from other people.
Build your awareness of the impact of words, sentences, non- verbal behavior and tonality.
WHO BENEFITS?This course will benefit any person wanting to improve their communication and people skills, including mum and dads, professionals from a variety of backgrounds, industries and skill levels.
- Interpersonal Skills